
I have spent all my life in small towns; coming from Baltimore to Toronto has been a change, as has starting out on my new future. I completed my undergrad at Acadia University located in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. While there I majored in Political Science while completing a double minor in English and History. While at Acadia I continued to follow my love of dance, which began at the age of four. Having been a competitive dancer since the age of twelve, winning a provincial championship with my team, and taking ballet classes at a professional ballet school being able to continue dancing, even at a recreational level. I was able to become very involved in the dance community at school through taking and teaching classes for three different organizations, becoming a member of Dance Acadia, the competitive dance team that performed at banquets and sporting events (which came with front row seats to all my favourite sports), and becoming VP of Marketing, Promotions and Advertising of the large dance club. After taking some time off after graduation I took a job as a Management Trainee at the local GoodLife Fitness Club where I eventually became a top five sales person in our division.
All of this led me to where I am today, and why I am blogging. I am currently enrolled in the Advertising Media Management graduate program at Centennial College. As I learn more about the advertising, its goals and its place in our society, I am starting to understand its importance in our lives. My main areas of interests in the world of advertising are in broadcast and the changing nature of the television landscape, the new world of social media and how advertisers are using this growing trend to engage consumers, and politics and the media and how with advertising’s changing faces how our politicians and government are taking advantage of it.
I welcome your feedback, positive or negative, in the comments section or through email (meghan_latta@hotmail.com), about anything that I have posted so that we can engage in discussions about advertising, eventually focusing on interactive media. Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you!

1 comment:
Good to see you linking to other sites in this post!
Post a Comment